5 Ways to Make your Living Room More Welcoming
Don’t you just love a welcoming living room? When a living room is welcoming; it has a relaxing vibe, a soothing look, and a peaceful ambience.
You want a space where you can unwind, relax and enjoy alone or with your family and friends. Perfect for snuggling and lounging! Your living room is where you accept guests and it’s a place most people come in to more frequently than other parts of your home.
Your welcoming living room can also make you feel at home and completely be yourself
Is your living room welcoming?
Here are 5 ways you can make your living room more welcoming:
1. Foster conversations: Place your couches and other furniture pieces in a way that encourages people to talk to each other. This fosters conversations and makes your living room inviting. Make sure your furniture pieces are comfortable and they encourage interaction. Also, measure the spaces required and the kind of sofas that would fit. In addition, you should ensure there is enough room for people to walk around, also move your couches away from the wall.
2. Accessories: The way you place your art in your room can encourage intimacy or conversations. With art, it has been said that what you hang is as important as how you hang it. In addition, your accessories can make or mar your design. You can opt for accessories with homely touches, your favourite photos, fresh flowers, etc. Likewise, pillows would increase comfort, and so, adding them can make your space more inviting. Quality scented candles can give your room the right scent, intimacy, and aesthetics as well
3. Colours: Ensure the colours you use in your living room is warm, inviting, and relaxing. You can also play with colours but you need to ensure that you don’t mismatch the colours. Colours are a very important part of design; be creative with them but keep in mind to make them inviting.
4. Flooring: An essential aspect of your flooring is the kind of rug you would use. If you choose ceramic tiles, woven vinyl, or laminate flooring you should add a soft and cozy centre rug for warmth.
5. Lighting: You need to also go easy with the light. Make sure it is illuminating enough yet cozy in order to create the welcoming atmosphere you need. You can also add lamps and light dimmers for a subtle effect.
Have more tips? Do add them below!
Ayishat Amoo-Olanrewaju is a Professional Writer, a Brand Communications Strategist, & a Certified Digital Marketer.
She had her B.Sc. in Mass Communication from Caleb University and her M.Sc. in Mass Communication from the University of Lagos.
She is also a voracious reader, content developer, and a design enthusiast.
- HOG Furniture