This was actually a pretty easy project! It was done in two days, but definitely could have been done in one.
Materials and Equipment:
- Hooks and screws
- Paint, letter stencils, sponge brush (Optional)
- Right angle ruler
- Ruler or tape measure
- Safety glasses
- Circular Saw
- Cordless Drill
After getting the pallet, you may want to power wash your pallet before you dive into this project since you’ll be hanging things that you drink out of on it!
Okay, let’s get started!
- We used a fourth of the pallet, so first we decided which fourth looked the best and had the most stable and best-looking wood.
- Mark where you want to cut using a pencil and right angle ruler.
- Next, cut where you have marked using a circular saw. Make sure to wear safety goggles
- Once you have your mini pallet, sand it down! How much you sand is up to you, but make sure it is smooth enough that you won’t get splinters when you hang up your coffee cups!
- Next, paint COFFEE on the top. You can use letter stencils and a sponge brush. It will really turn out very good. Just like this:
- Putting on the hooks was probably the most difficult part. Use a ruler (or tape measure) and pencil to mark exactly where you want the hooks to go, then drill them in. The hooks might not betotally even, but once you hung the coffee cups it will hardly be noticed.
We think the hooks made them look polished. Plus, this is the only material you need to buy for this project! Good News?
Culled from onelittlebirdblog
Not forgetting to participate in our #12DaysOfChristmas Santa Contest. Stand a chance to win something big this christmas