Your closet is like your own personal boutique. Exclusive to you, arrayed with the special kind of attires that appeal to your taste.
Your closet is like your own fashion show, every piece has a story and a unique flair to it.
However, arranging your closet can sometimes be a pain.
When was the last time you arranged your closet or do you have a pile of clothes heaped on one side of your bed?
We are here to help.
Here are 10 tips on how to arrange your closet just like a pro:
1. Empty before Arranging: If you are really looking towards arranging your closet the right way, then you need to empty it so as to fully grasp and have an understanding of what you are dealing with. You need to start from scratch!
2. Batch, batch, batch: You need to segment your clothing items into different categories. Some that you need to keep, some that you need to give out, some that you need to repair, etc. Just imagine you standing in a fashion store right now, what items among your already existing items would you buy?
3. Get Creative: Find the right containers, cartons, boxes, bags, etc. that you aren’t effectively using and you can use to store your items.
4. Arrange your items by Cloth Type: This is one of the effective ways you easily arrange and access your clothes. When you arrange your clothes by the cloth type e.g. skirt, trousers, shirts, dresses, etc. it gets easier to find your clothes.
5. Arrange your clothes by colour code: This is closely related to the above. This makes it so much easier to find your items; just find the colour code!
6. Fold your Sweaters: Instead of hanging your sweaters, you should fold them in order for them to maintain their shape and not to damage the fabric.
7. Right-Left Opposite: When you arrange your shoes in the right-left opposite method, it helps you save more space. When arranging your shoes, place them by right and left opposites.
8. Clean your closet regularly: Remember that dust can damage fabrics; and so, set out a regular schedule for cleaning your closet.
9. Lighten your closet: Shed some light on those clothing items! It is important to always have a full idea of what you have in your closet.
10. Set out time to arrange your closet!
What are some of your best tips for arranging one’s closet?
Let’s hear from you below!
Check out our wardrobe collection
Lifestyle writer who likes motivating people through her writing, for them to be who God wants them to be.
Msc. Mass Communication, and she is also an Inbound certified marketer.