Cool Kitchen Decorating Ideas
The kitchen is one of the most used rooms in the house. Although it is where food is made and kept, making it look beautiful should not be out of the picture. so we decided to provide you cool ideas to muse on if you decide to get more creative with you kitchen.
1. One of the ways of decorating your kitchen is adding tiles to the walls. Tiles with bold patterns and colours that makes a statement. Your wall tiles do not need to match your floor or countertop tiles. A two toned tiles combo will give the kitchen the kind of pop it needs to make it stand out. (see example in the image below)
2. You can consider replacing cabinets or fix new cabinets with ones that have a stylish edge and can store your food items and kitchen accessories. Green or Grey is a trendy colour this year so you can paint the cabinets a light green or any shade of grey or green.
3. Lighting in your kitchen task areas adequately is very important just as well as lighting in other parts of the house. Proper lighting of the kitchen can give it a whole new look. For a sleek modern look, consider dropping down a light. Elegant Pendant lights and chandeliers can do the trick.
4. Adding a stylish rug in the kitchen can be both functional and decorative as it helps to cushion the feet whenever a task is carried out and adds more colour to the area.
5. If you happen to have a very large kitchen, why not add a small bar to it? The bar can be built against the wall or as standalone with bar stools. This is a sure-fire way to make your kitchen stand out.
6. Changing your sink to one with a more modern outlook can spruce up the look of your kitchen. There are a wide range of sinks and taps to go with your sinks to choose from. Sinks range from ceramics to stainless steel of which each have great properties. And rather than a single bowl consider opting for a double bowl to make working in the kitchen easier.
7. An over the sink organizer is a perfect item to keep your kitchen from looking messy. Cleaning supplies can be kept there which would make them easily reachable.
So, there you go! which ever tweak your kitchen need to jazz up the ambiance in your home, these ideas come in handy and should ever crave for any of the looks in the images above, just visit the kitchen section of our Webstore >> Visit Now <<
is a guest contributor on HOG Furniture, a freelance writer. She loves to read and she loves to write.
Her shorts stories have appeared in Brittlepaper, Kalahari review, and in two anthologies.
- HOG Furniture