How to squeeze a home office in your small space.
Whether you work remotely or you need it to get extra work done on personal time, the idea of a home office is to get work done at home in comfort. Sadly not every home comes with enough space to add in a home office. But with a little creativity, your home office dreams can come true.
1. Look for the forgotten corners in your home and bring in your furniture to get you started. You can ask a contractor to put a wall table that can fold up after use.
2. The moving home office. The moving home office is the one where the location aways changes. What you need for this are some smart furnitures; furnitures that can be easily folded away. Pick a quiet spot, unfurl your chair and table and get to work.
3. Use the dining room if it isn't being put into much use. You can always clear out your things when you need it for an important meal.
4. The space under the stairs can often be neglected. With a little work, you can spring up your home office there.
5. For a quick home office, you can commandeer your living room and create the space you need. Move a sofa here and another there. Bring in a chair and table and you've got what you need.
6. If your home comes with a garage then by all means, put up your office there. Spruce it up to your style and put up a partition if you choose.
7. A closet is a perfect space to work on if you are truly in need of a home office.
It may seem challenging trying to squeeze a home office in a small space with these tips but it is definitely worth it in the end.
A guest contributor on HOG Furniture, a freelance writer. She loves to read and she loves to write.
Her shorts stories have appeared in Brittlepaper, Kalahari review, and in two anthologies.
- HOG Furniture