The 2017 IFI Congress and African Culture & Design Festival seek to bring together industry professionals from all over the world to discuss innovative design solutions at this significant time in global history.
According to Dexigner the 2017 IFI Congress and African Culture & Design Festival will explore how creativity can serve as a vehicle for social and economic transformation through a series of international events in Lagos, Nigeria. The event is going to be in collaboration with Interior Designers Association of Nigeria (IDAN) and will bring together creative leaders and professionals from all corners of the globe to explore the power and potential of design in developing societies and cultures around the world.
"There is huge great design potential in Africa," noted IFI President 2015-17, Sebastiano Raneri,
"The 2017 IFI CONGRESS and African Culture & Design Festival will help to clarify how designers can contribute to Africa's development. By extension, this will help the design community to understand how the art can support economic and social growth around the world."
Over the duration of an art, culture and design festival, as well as a formal day of congress meeting, design professionals and enthusiasts will debate the global social responsibility of the profession and determine the future of design excellence.
The event has been themed;
World-Class Design in Regional Markets: Interior Architecture/Design into the Future
Keynote speeches delivered by experts from across design disciplines will debate the global social responsibility of the industry and plot the future of design excellence.
The event will also feature an art exhibition themed “This is Africa” and featuring renowned African curators and artists. The exhibition will investigate the artistic history of the continent and map the expectations of African design.
- 09 November 2017 – Opening Reception.
- 10 November 2017 – Full day of Congress with keynote speeches and panel discussions covering the full spectrum of art, design, innovation, social culture, and planning for design excellence and responsible development for greater prosperity.
- 11 November 2017 – Special tours of the exceptional African, Culture and Design Festival with world renowned curators and artists.
Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos
· Sir David Adjaye - Principal & Founder, Adjaye Associates; lead designer of the National Museum of African American History and Culture, located on the National Mall in Washington, DC.
· Kunlé Adeyemi - is a Nigerian architect, urbanism and creative researcher. Adeyemi is founder and principal of NLÉ, an architecture, design and urbanism practice, based in Amsterdam.
· Dr. Carol Becker - Carol is a writer, culture critic, and educator. She is Professor of the Arts and Dean of Columbia University School of the Arts.
· Alfredo Brillembourg - Co-Founder, Urban-Think Tank (U-TT), Co-Chair, Architecture & Urban Planning, Swiss Institute of Technology (ETH).
· Dr. Lou Yongqi - Lou is a leading figure in sustainable interdisciplinary design education, research and practice.
We thank our Industry sponsors for their partnership and valuable support in facilitating this important design conversation.
Join us at the 2017 IFI CONGRESS, African Culture & Design Festival and XXVIII (28th) General Assembly (GA) in Lagos, Nigeria. Explore the power and potential of creativity. Come and learn about how design expertise can be used to generate economic growth and positive social impact in regions around the world.
International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers (IFI)
708 3rd Avenue, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10017