Metal Furniture is basically a furniture designed with metals. The name "metal furniture" does not presuppose that only metal parts are used in construction, only that metal parts constitute the bulk or mainstay of the furniture.
Metal Furniture like most everything is not without its benefits and advantages. An exposition on the factors to consider in making a choice of or not to favour metal furniture would be outlined.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider a metal furniture
Metal Furniture boasts of quite a number of advantages, which includes:
- Spirit and Style
Metal Furniture have spirit and thus could be easily arranged to create a theme. They are also available in a variety of styles and patterns, following the thought pattern that "variety is the spice of life".
- Safety and Strength
Metal Furniture is safe. They are fireproof, waterproof, easily guarded against theft in their sturdiness and strength. Unlike other materials like wood or plastic, they have greater carrying and bearing capacity and would hardly ever give way to weight or burden.
- Easy Maintenance and Pest Management
Metal Furniture are quite easy to clean and manage. This is little or no risk of termites, bedbugs, cockroaches etc using the corners or spines of this furniture as a safe haven.
- Durability and Long life
It takes a lot for metal to break, there is no fear of metal chirping away unlike wood or plastic. Thus, metal furniture is long lasting and durable.
- High Utilization of Space and Environmentally Friendly
Metal Furniture are lithe and simple in design, they invariably consume less office space, unlike their wooden counterpart. They are also environmentally friendly since they involve the use of wholesome parts without requiring the felling trees, glue, and adhesives which can have lasting effects as pollutants.
The disadvantages of metal furniture are few and far apart and are largely dependent on the kind of metallic material use.
Let's take a look at some of them
- Heavy and Sturdy - Some metal furniture may be heavy and sturdy based on the material used for production and therefore difficult to move around. However, advanced methods have seen the production of light and lithe metal furniture.
- Poor Finishing - The poor finishing of some products can leave rough edges and unprotected spines which can chafe at the skin of the user.
- Unsuitable for some Flooring Design - This is largely connected to poor finishing, the poor finishing of some products can leave sharp spines at the base of the furniture which would in turn grate at, tear or scratch the floor patterns.
It is obvious that the advantages of metal furniture outweigh the disadvantages and can be easily averted by choosing quality and carefully made metal furniture.
This is what we offer at HOG Furniture.
Metal Furniture from HOG Furniture is clearly a great choice.
A guest contributor on HOG Furniture Blog is a law student at Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU).
Loves to write, read, travel, paint and talk.
A fan of the outdoor and adventure. Her everyday fantasy is to see the whole world.